Pit bulls attack and kill people
- Pit bull attacks in the U.S rose 773% from 2007-2014
- In only 4 months, pit bulls kill the same number of people as Dobermans killed in the past 60 years.
- 15 people have been killed by pit bulls to date in 2015.
- 27 people in the US were killed by pit bulls in 2014.
- Pit bull fatalities to date
View a complete list of deaths 2005-2015
Fatal pit bull attacks since 1833 http://www.fatalpitbullattacks.com/
Pit bulls attack and kill babies and children
- A study of fatal dog attacks between 1990 and 2007 found that 85% of victims were children, the youngest just one month old, according to The Canadian Veterinary Journal.
- 94% of pit bull attacks on children were found to be unprovoked.
Pit bulls attack and kill other dogs
- Fifty thousand dogs per year, including at least 34,250 pit bulls, attack other animals, according to ANIMALS 24-7 analysis of dog attack data from 2013-2014.
- Of the 82,000 animal victims per year, 59,000 die; 23,000 survive their injuries.
- Pit bulls killed 95% of 15,500 dogs that were fatally attacked by other dogs.
- Pit bulls killed 93% of 6,000 hooved animals that were fatally attacked by other dogs.
Pit bulls attack and kill cats
Pit bulls were responsible for 61% of the fatal dog attacks on cats in 2013-2014, killing 5,216 cats. While more dog deaths by pit bulls are reported than cat deaths, pit bulls were responsible for almost 2/3 of the cats killed by dogs in a two-year period.
Pit bulls attack companion animals
Companion animals listed below represent only a sampling of reported fatal attacks on companion animals during a recent, brief period.
Timeline of recent pit bull attacks on horses